Today is our 3rd anniversary, and since we have to spend it living 5 hours apart, I thought I'd do a little solo celebrating by reminiscing over the main events in the lives of Jonathan & Melinda - year 3.
1. Jonathan started working on his design portfolio...and continued working on it for the next 10 months. And he was really working that whole time. I had no idea how involved this "portfolio" thing would really be. For a list making, gotta-check-it-off kind of a person like myself, the idea of the never-finished, always evolving portfolio was a little hard to accept at times. However, Jonathan's months of hard work paid off when during the 11th month, he used it to snag his new job. Good things do come to those who wait.
2. We were actually able to use some of our vacation days this year for a couple of long weekend trips to Washington DC in June...
... the Outer Banks in September......
and our favorite - San Francisco, Monterrey, & Carmel - in October (we tied this one onto one of Jonathan's business trips).
3. We (and by "we" I mean always Jonathan, sometimes me) also completed several DIY projects around our house over the last year. We extended our patio and landscaped the backyard. Jonathan also tiled the backsplash in the kitchen in addition to his previously mentioned handiwork on our bathroom floors. I have to admit that my personal fave is the kitchen. He did such an awesome job -- especially considering it was his first attempt at tiling.
I definitely have many other great memories from our third year of marriage, but I will stop here because you probably get the idea by now. I absolutely love being married to my best friend, and I've got a ton more smiley pictures to prove it (just don't ask me to attach them here because the picture uploads to the blog took me way longer than I thought they would...there must be some trick I'm not getting...)
Anyway, Happy April 2nd to all!
Good bye 2014, Hello 2015
11 years ago
3 comments:
Happy Anniversary!! I actually was goin to call you later on to tell you! Sorry you are having to spend it apart... hopefully you will get to see each other this weekend. Love you guys!
happy anniversary guys!
i cannot believe its been 3 years. and i am allll about taking that group trip somewhere soon. so fun!
love you both.
three whole years! amazing.
not like amazing you lasted ;) but amazing how fast that time went!
i'm glad this was a good year. nice blogging, mel!
Post a Comment