CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, July 11, 2008

Back to Work I Go....

Well, I (Melinda) have thoroughly enjoyed my mini-summer vacation. These past 6 weeks have absolutely flown by. I thought I would be bored after the first week, but between looking for a job and working on all the tasks that come with buying a house, I really stayed pretty busy. But now it's time for my break to end. I will start my new job on Monday. For those of you who haven't heard yet, here are the details:

Company: Ingersoll Rand

Location: Davidson, NC (8 miles away from our soon-to-be home in Huntersville)

Position: Operations Financial Reporting Analyst (a long title, I know)

Description: I'm sure I'll have a better explanation of the job once I get in there and start doing it, but here's what I know so far. I will be working at the Corporate Headquarters for the Industrial Technologies division. I will be compiling and analyzing financial information from 19 factories around the world. Since the industry is manufacturing, the environment will be somewhat similar to my previous job. The main difference is that instead of focusing on all the details on the factory-side like I did at BSH, I'll be looking at factory information from a corporate perspective. Should be an interesting change.

We definitely feel very blessed right now. It just seems like everything has been falling into place for us lately. I know the economy and the job market aren't the greatest at the moment, so finding this job (in a relatively short amount of time, with a great company in an area that is close to our house, and with functions that pull from my previous experience that I once thought was too random to relate to anything else) just feels like complete proof of God's handiwork. We are so thankful!

3 comments:

summerae said...

congratulations! you guys have all kinds of big news.

as for sum, still looking for a job:(

Jo said...

Wow! Though I've had the privilege of hearing all of this firsthand, it is great to see pictures and "read all about it." We join in praising God for His faithfulness and goodness. Can't wait to visit you on Stumptown Rd.!
Love,
Mom (& Dad - Grey)

Anonymous said...

Good post... but it was like, forever ago. Post something new!