CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, February 22, 2009

IKEA Comes to Town

This week marked a major milestone for Charlotte (and me)--the opening of our very own IKEA. Yes, I know they are big and evil, but they also do some pretty amazing things when it comes to designing and selling furniture for the masses. If you've never been you should definitely check it out, clearly.
Melinda and I met Joanna and Mom and Dad on Thursday to give it a look-see. Wednesday was the actual grand opening, but it was still pretty lively on Thursday evening. It was also very cold and windy (for Charlotte); we felt great sympathy for the poor parking lot attendants. We managed to get through most of the store in under two hours which is a new record for us. But we skipped some stuff so we'll be back again soon :)

She looks like she's smiling, but she's really thinking, "It's freezing, you idiot--let's go inside!"

The classic Poäng Chair

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha, yay for IKEA!! And I know that's what Melinda was thinking in that picture; I would've been to! ;-)

The Carey's said...

Might have to get ya'll to take me on a tour when we make it to Charlotte for a visit!

Zach said...

What part of town is it in?

JonathanandMelinda said...

It's in the University area, right on 85, one exit south of Harris Blvd.